In my average day I tend to face a barrage of messages from culture and society that make me feel like I am not enough. Not thin enough, not good looking enough, not young enough. Not enough, not enough, not enough…ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Some days, I’m fortunate enough to have a friend or family member give me wonderful affirming words that I am enough. But, most days, it’s just me left on my own to navigate the sea of negativity. What I found on this journey is that having my own regularly spoken affirmations, actually make a difference. These small, simple sayings have power beyond measure and are able to ground me when the waves are getting too big sail.
A few I love:
- I choose to love and approve of myself.
- I am powerful in my professional life.
- I honor the abundance I have in life.
- I keep things simple.
- I honor times of transition as necessary and valuable.
- I have a supportive group of friends who encourage me and help me keep on track.
- I listen carefully to my inner voice that tells me when I need to make a change.
Do you have affirmations that guide and anchor you in times of trouble? If not, create a list to keep in a place that you see regularly. Be mindful of them each day and rest in knowing them to be your truth.